Filters, Actions and Presets ExplainedRead More
Now you can claim a 20GB of online photo storage from nikon actually it's not just a photo storage it support JPEG, RAW (NEF/NRW), TIFF, MOV, AVI, MP4, WAV, NMS, MPO
I know 20GB isn't a huge deal but it's free :) ... If you have a Nikon camera you can signup for Nikon ID and use your camera's serial number and if you don't have a Nikon camera you can sign up for free but with 2GB of storage only.
What to expect when you sign up for NIKON IMAGE SPACE?
- Organized albums with searchable keywords and rating system for professional sorting
- Ready for sharing with several features like Password Protected, Expiration date for sharing, Download photos with selected sizes and the original size or disable it at all, show the EXIF or not, Photo credit "put your name on the photos while sharing" and more...
Click on the above photo to see a preview of what the gallery be like
This is the big thing here this page contain a lot of unique statistics that i personally really LIKE :)
- Sample statistics about your photos views, number of photos, how many Wows "Like" you get
- Shared photo rankings based on the previous data
- Wow rankings which of your cameras and lenses used to shoot photos gets much Wows "Likes"
- The most important one "Exif analysis" it analyzes your way of shooting based on Exif data attached to your photos ( Favorite Focal length - Favorite Aperture range - and of course Shutter speed)
- Comparison between which of your cameras and lenses you used most and which cameras and lenses used by other photographers on the site
Finally you will see the Badge list, Badges you earn by uploading certain amount of photos with unique requirement such as photos shot with Telephoto lenses you will earn Telephoto badge and there is Bokeh master badge, Night landscape badge...
This service come with smartphone app support so you can access your photos any time
Search for "NIKON IMAGE SPACE" in both Android play store and apple app store
In the end i hope Nikon work on improve this service and add new features and most i want to be able to add more space even with a annual paid subscription.
Every photographer have his own workflow from copying photos from the memory cards to processing and publishing .. printing etc... to the final step The Backup, The problem that most photographers face the photos size on both drive backup and website.
I shoot with Nikon D810 and with 36 megapixel it produces a huge size JPG so I have to use a lot of external hard drives for backup, recently I began to think of compression softwares and see which is best to use.
after a lot of search and tests I decided to go for JPEGmini
It's Easy, Fast, no losing in quality at all, EXIF Data and Color Profiles not affected.
I'm using it for 3 months now and I regret not using it before, You can see from above screenshot that I already saved 300 GB and this only for part of my photos not all of them.
All test results I made came with one conclusion that this software is genius and I should recommend it for you "This is not a paid advertising at all" :)
I like how choices I have it's not a one job software I can resize photos while reducing their sizes "perfect for internet use" also I can optimize the original photos not to produce a new optimized version .. I use this choice when I have an old work that I want to keep in backup but also need to reduce its size so I grab and drop the folder in JPEGmini and that's it :)
There's two versions so if you are using a camera with 28MP or less you can take JPEGmini and if you have a camera with more than 28MP go for JPEGmini Pro also the Pro version is faster and Includes Plug-In for both lightroom and photoshop and you can purchase JPEGmini after that you can upgrade to a pro version and this is what I did, also the trial version is available with 20 photos/day ... give it a try yourself.
JPEGmini for 19.99$
JPEGmini Pro for 99$